Here's some other feedback I had after trying the app.
Introduction (the storyline)
- The illustrations are lovely
- The "skip" button is a bit hard to read (iPhone SE, 4" screen")
- The second slide ("then we became careless...") felt a bit over-the-top.
- The slide "By changing our behaviour one small step at a time" seems to perpetuate the attitude that lifestyle/behavioural change on its own is sufficient. I'm not sure how this could be worded differently, but I'd rather see language that doesn't exclude more social-political changes.
- I like that the score numbers (yearly CO2 impact) are displayed very large.
- How much does the country selection affect my score? That's not clear at all.
- The slider for "how big is your home" has a very large range, and it's impossible to select a round number with my imprecise thumb. I'd rather see a rounded number displayed to me -- or even better, an illustration of a house or floor plan that grows with the slider. Right now it just doesn't feel very nice. (Actually, the next slider for "how much do you drive" behaves perfectly!)
- The white and blue lines feel reversed on the slider -- it feels like it's filling from the right, instead of from the left.
- Dragging any of the sliders slowly causes it to jump around crazily. This is most pronounced on the last slider ("how often do you shop...")
- Showing my impact score next to the country average is a great idea. However, the app seems inconsistent in its use of "CO2" vs "greenhouse gases". Probably better to use CO2 in all places, unless other gases like methane (CH4) are being counted.
- I guess everybody gets the same target: 4 tonnes CO2 by 2025, and the yearly goal is based on a linear interpolation toward that goal. However, the early reductions will probably be much easier than the later reductions, so I'd like to see a steeper curve in the first year that heads toward a plateau in the target year.
Today's impact score
- The non-rounded numbers for home/diet/travel/consumption are quite off-putting. (eg 5.60479362934)
- On an iPhone SE (4" screen) there's no visible indication that scrolling down will yield additional content
- Typo in "Today's Impact Score reflect [sic] your lifestyle's ..."
- I received three (3) notifications in the span of about 5 minutes that all said: "eevie nudges you/to help you act on your habits!" This is very annoying. Don't do that.
- It's nice that a few habits are automatically marked "completed habit" based on my original answers
- However, it's annoying that completed habits are always shown first (on the left). That means I need to scroll through all the completed ones to find the next available one.
- All habits are presented equally, but they do not have equal impact. It might be helpful to people if there was some way to distinguish or sort by impact.
- Choosing "I'm already doing this" doesn't seem to affect the daily score calculation at all
That's all for now, but maybe I'll have more feedback later!
- It asks me "did you reuse your bag today?" but I didn't use any bags at all today. That doesn't fit into either of the available answers of "oops" or "yeah".