Drones used to assess carbon capture of forests to bolster carbon offset markets

• Pachama makes reforestation profitable for people who plant and maintain trees by tapping into the carbon offset markets. One key barrier to unlocking the value of carbon credits for farmers and forestkeepers is the ability to verify how much carbon is sequestered in an area.

Pachama has combined drones with machine learning in order to fly above forests and provide accurate reporting of their carbon capture. The company also uses satellite imagery to monitor the growth of forest projects to ensure visibility and accuracy.
    https://cleantechrising.com/drone-reforestation-technology-for-natural-carbon-capture/

• Thanks for this @Zo! Pachama is definitely an interesting group. Love the combination of progressive tech with carbon offsets 💪

• Like the idea; hard to see how (over the short term) it's financially viable. I take it public sector would be primary customer ?

• @TomRand I believe they already have contracts in place with private sector companies like Shopify and Gitlab to drive those companies' carbon capture initiatives.

From press releases, I see they've raised over $4M in funding from some fairly prominent VCs like Chris Sacca, Paul Graham, etc

Perhaps founder @dsaezgil can weigh in on their short term strategy?