Suggested New Categories

• Hey guys, the great thing about this site is that it is what we make it. The founders have shown a commitment to let the community define its own direction. The only req. is that we try to have an action bias. So with that in mind, I'm starting a thread to discuss potential new categories that could make this site more useful to more people. If you have ideas, please comment and help make a small impact! 👇

• @aviary totally open to this idea, I think that the categories should stay tight initially and evolve over time as the breadth of the conversations expand!

• This is awesome, thanks so much for creating it.

I agree the categories should stay constrained. One category I think we could consider though is "Projects". This could be for companies and projects that will evolve and grow over time. What do you think?

To offer an example with my own project, I'm building an energy storage startup called Terrament. I'm very open to any ways that Terrament could participate in this ecosystem. One need, is that we need help finding an environmental engineer co-founder. So I'm looking for the best place to start a chat about that here. Thanks! (https://www.terramenthq.com/)

• @Eric-Chaves Interesting you say that. We actually started out with a "Projects" category but I didn't know if it would get much traction so it was merged into "Actions".

In the spirit of open source innovation, I'm opening back up a Projects category for the community. Please feel free to start your project's discussion there!

• I would like to see a Policies category that would facilitate discussion about policy changes at both the national and civic/municipal level.

There are many actions we can take as individuals, but it is equally important that we take action as a collective public to influence policy. The state of the climate emergency now is such that we cannot rely only on our independence (lifestyle change) or our influence (political change); we must apply both together.

• I would also like to see a Resources category for sharing things that are perennially interesting and useful, in contrast to articles which tend to have a limited shelf life.

In particular, I'm looking for the best place to share something like this.

• @nicwaller I like those suggestions. I'll get them started if you're able to seed them with some content 👍