What cool APIs do people know about?
I'm speccing out a consumer carbon-offsetting project at the moment, and I've been considering using cloverly.com or brighterplanet.com. They're both paid APIs that provide functionality related to carbon-offsetting. Does anyone know of other APIs in this space? Outside of carbon-offsetting, it might be valuable to build a community list of paid and open APIs. I know there must be some cool ones out there!
Eric Vanular last edited by
There's also a number of groups doing carbon offset as a service without ready-made APIs. For example:
- https://www.climateseed.com/ - Find trustworthy projects to offset your carbon emissions
- https://www.atmosfair.de/ - German non-profit with CO2 mitigation services
- https://www.terrapass.com/ - Buy carbon offsets & RE credits
- https://nori.com/ - Carbon removal marketplace launching soon
Would love to learn more about what you're trying to do!
Cali Johnston last edited by
@Jorgen-Hookham I like this idea, here's a couple
- https://www.dicksonone.com/api/rest/docs#api-reference - environmental monitoring
- https://berkeley-gif.github.io/caladapt-docs/index.html - how climate change will affect california
@ericvanular Thanks, I actually didn't know about programmable web! That's a sweet resource. I appreciate the other links as well. Once the project gets off the ground, I'll talk with the guy in charge to see if we can get into a little more detail with this community
@Cali-Johnston Cool examples!
@Jorgen-Hookham You should try to get your whole team on here to feature your upcoming project so that you can build an audience before it even launches!
@Jorgen-Hookham Can you share more about the goals of your project?